Tuesday, August 28, 2007

PDF Split-Merge v2.2

My collection of simple, single function PDF software utilities continues to grow. We use Cute PDF Writer to print PDF documents. We needed to then join several different PDF outputs into a single file. For instance - out time sheets and expense reports are generated from one program, our invoices from another program. Via a web search, I found this nifty gem of a program whose only purpose in life is to split and merge PDF documents.
The price is terrific, only $29.90 (I like the new car pricing model - don't charge $30.00, instead charge $29.90).

The question is by the time I acquire all the utilities I need to provide what Adobe Acrobat Professional provides - will I have saved money? I think I will save money, but Adobe seems to be responding to market pressures as Professional is now available around $149.00 USD. Adobe Acrobat Professional allows conversion of PDF back to Microsoft Word, combining PDF documents, creation of PDF documents, and some very slick review comment features for collaborative work.

If you only need to extract pages from PDFs or combine several PDF documents into one - I highly recommend PDF Split-Merge v2.2. Not very pretty in terms of the user interface - but it does its job very well.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

The views expressed here are my own - unless otherwise stated very loudly in the post - I am not affiliated with any of the products mentioned on the site - use the information at your own risk.


View My Stats